Development of Dafang ancient village in rural China.
In 2018 IVEM was invited by the People’s Government of JinXi County to help revitalize the historic countryside and re-develop one of the many villages into an example for other villages.
Phase 1. Development of physical space of one selected village (Dafang) for adaptive re-use.
- create a cluster of attractive and flexible spaces where Chinese and Dutch creatives from different fields can work together,
- create a landmark building that can be used as an icon in visual marketing,
- create overnight stay capacity in or near the village,
- connect Dafang village to the nearby villages with a network of bicycle roads,
- develop a visual branding concept,
- organize cultural and creative events focussing on activities where Dutch and Chinese creatives can exchange,
- run a national (China) and international marketing campaign, aimed at Millenials.
Dafang Village as it was in 2018
– Formulating brand and marketing strategy
– Defining and designing the visual identity
– Bringing together the required expertise and human capacity
– The (long-term) project organisation and programming
Architecture & landscape design (September 2018 – January 2019)
Chinese documentary on phase 1
Dafang Holland Creative Village at the beginning of spring 2020
Official opening festival, scheduled autumn 2020
- Exposition of art installations made on location in 2019 by twelve Dutch & Chinese artists.
- Performances (Dutch live dance music performance and live classic Chinese music performance)
- Pop-up architecture and design exhibitions
- Video and documentaries
- Contemporary and classic Dance performances
- Food exchange – Dutch and Chinese meals and snacks